How the a/c should be operating in order to cool down the interior of your car
Check inside the vehicle:
- The A/C climate control should be set to Max Cold Position.
- A/C Climate control set button On.
- Recirculation/fresh air mode set to recirculate.
- Engine temperature should be in the normal range (not overheating)
- Outside ambient temperature should be sensing outside actual ambient temperature.(Ambient temperature should be above 37 F )
- Engine RPM’s should in the normal everyday range.
- With the A/C blower on Max, the mass of air coming out from the vents should be strong.
- Cabin air Filter should be clean.
- A/C evaporator coil should be free from debris and leaks.
Check the engine compartment :
- The front of the vehicle should be free from any road debris.
- The radiator and A/C condenser should be free from leaves, bugs or dirt.
- With the A/C system ON the radiator/condenser fan assembly should be operating.
- The Drive belt should be running all the accessories and in good condition.
- The A/C compressor CLUTCH should be engaged with A/C ON.
- The A/C compressor ECV should be modulating the hvac compressor output for max cold.
- All A/C lines and hoses should be free from dye, oil ,ice or damage.
- The A/C system should be properly charged with exact amount of refrigerant specified by the manufacturer.
- Hvac box drain tube should be draining water from underneath the vehicle.