A/C Compressor Removal and installation.
- Use a refrigerant recovery machine (For the specific refrigerant in the a/c system) to safely recovery/recycle the refrigerant.
Remove drive belt.
- Remove mounting nut, and then disconnect low and high pressure hoses from compressor.
- Remove mounting bolts from compressor.
- Disconnect compressor clutch coil electric connector.
- Remove compressor from vehicle.
- Cap or wrap the joint of the A/C piping and compressor to avoid the entry of air and moisture into the system.
- Replace O-rings with the new ones.
- Lubricate the new O-rings.
- Oil balance the new compressor.
- Installation is basically the reverse order of removal.
- Vacuum the system.
- Recharge refrigerant to manufacturer specifications.
- Check the entire system for refrigerant leakages.