The most common causes of broken air conditioning are:
Compressor and electrical / electronic faults.
- A/C system pressure
- Engine speed
- Throttle position
- Engine coolant temperature
- Intake air temperature
- Power steering pressure
- A/C mode switch/actuator
- Body control module
- High and low pressure cut-out switches
- Compressor clutch cycling switch
- Refrigerant pressure transducer
There are two types of refrigerant leaks in the automotive air conditioning system: Active leaks and Passive leaks.
- The active refrigerant leak is a continuous leak. It doesn’t matter if the engine or ac system in your car is off or on hot or cold the refrigerant continuously leaks out
- The passive refrigerant leak is a type of leak the intermittently occurs. They are really hard to find, because technicians should recreate the same conditions of pressure, temperature or vibration for the leak to happen.