How to properly install an orifice tube.
How to replace the orifice tube in your car.
- J 26549-orifice tube remover tool required.
- Use a refrigerant recovery machine (For the specific refrigerant in the a/c system) to safely recovery/recycle the refrigerant.
- Loosen the nut from the evaporator tube fitting.
- Use the J 26549-E tool in order to remove the orifice tube(1), from the evaporator tube.
- Cap or plug the all the open lines.
- Uncap or unplug the evaporator tube.
- Install the new O-ring seal.
- Lubricate new O-rings.
- Install the short screen end of the new orifice tube(1) into the evaporator tube.
- Connect the evaporator tube at the fitting.
- Evacuate and recharge the system.
- Leak test the fittings of the component.