How to replace an a/c evaporator.
- Use a refrigerant recovery machine (For the specific refrigerant in the a/c system) to safely recovery/recycle the refrigerant.
- Remove lines from the thermal expansion valve.
- Remove hoses from heater core.
- Remove hvac case.
- Open hvac case.
- Remove evaporator core.
- Cap or wrap the joint of the A/C piping and compressor to avoid the entry of air and moisture into the system.
- Replace O-rings with new ones.
- Lubricate new O-rings.
- Oil balance the new condenser.
- Installation is basically the reverse order of removal.
- Vacuum the system.
- Recharge refrigerant to manufacturer specifications.
- Check the entire system for refrigerant leakages.