How do I check the temperature of my car AC?
SYSTEM PERFORMANCE TEST
How do I check the temperature of my 2015 Mazda 6 AC?
1. Measure the air conditioner output temperature after approx.10 min have elapsed from engine start.
2. Place a dry-bulb thermometer in the driver-side center Vent outlet.
- Start the engine and warm it up.4. Set the fan speed to MAX HI.5. Turn the A/C switch on.
6. Set to RECIRCULATE mode.
7. Set the temperature control to MAX COLD.
8. Set to VENT mode.
9. Close all the doors and windows.
10. Maintain the engine speed at 1,500 rpm.
11. Wait until the air conditioner output temperature stabilizes.
– The A/C compressor repeatedly turns on and off at regular intervals.
12. After the blower air is stabilized, read the dry-bulb thermometer.
13. Verify the ambient temperature.
14. Verify that the temperature reading is in the shaded zone.
|AMBIENT TEMPERATURE||CENTER VENT TEMPERATURE|
We could easily know what should the a/c temperature be at the vents be checking this manufacturer chart. If the A/C system in the car is working properly the temperature should be near these values.