High coolant temperature affects A/C performance.
Always verify correct operation of:
- Engine coolant level and condition
- Low coolant will cause high under hood temperatures
- Does the cooling system need flushing?
- Has the vehicle followed the manufacturer’s service intervals for flushing?
- Does it have the correct coolant in it?
- Has the thermostat ever been replaced?
- Is it stuck, not closing or opening all the way?
- Is the radiator plugged internally or externally?
- Are there any signs of leaks?
- Water pump
- Is the mechanical pump circulating the coolant properly?
- Are electric pumps working properly?
- Should it be replaced when servicing the timing belt?
- Belts,tensioners,and pulleys
- Check for proper belt tension and verify the belt is not slipping
- Check tensioner alignment