How cold should my AC be at the vent?
2009 BMW 328i sedan (E90) L6-3.0L(N51)
A/C performance test
Observe the following conditions prior to A/C performance test:
- Connect diagnostics system. Check of the fault memory (no faults in the fault memory)
- Attach a thermometer with separate display element to the head restraint. Lay display element outwards out of passenger compartment.
- Perform the test in a suitable workshop area with an ambient temperature above 18 C / 64.4 F
- Vehicle temperature should be approximately the same as the ambient temperature in the workshop.
- Engine must be operating temperature (does not apply for electric vehicles).
- ECO PRO mode must not be switched on.
Heat passenger compartment:
- A/C button is not activated during the heating process
- Close all side windows and doors
- Set recalculated-air mode.
- Select air distribution mode for footwall and defrosting
- On vehicles with CID: In A/C menu (CID) in air distribution index: select 100% footwell for driver and front passenger and 100% defrosting for driver ( this applies here to driver front passenger)
- Maximum temperature setting
- Maximum blower speed
- Start engine (does not apply to electric vehicles)
Cool down passenger compartment:
Switch on air conditioning compressor with A/C button at a vehicle interior of 45 ?C /113 ?F (measure at the head restraint)
On vehicles with MAX-AC button:
- Activation of MAX- AC (= maximum cooling power)
On vehicles without MAX-AC button:
- Set Maximum cooling power by means of following steps:
- Setting low temperature value
- Blower setting maximum
- Stratification maximum cold(4 blue bars)
- Only ventilation open
- Close remaining flaps (air outlet only from center fresh air grille, left and right)
After 5 min, measure both ventilation temperatures with a thermometer at the same time (center, left and right fresh air grille). The measured temperature must be < 16 C / 60.8 F and the difference between right and left may not be greater than 2 C / F.
If one or both temperature specifications is not reached click here
Call Us Now if you need assistance with your car’s air conditioning!