Weak air flow from a/c vents in car
Weak air flow from a/c vents in a car could be caused by:
- Underperforming A/C Blower motor
- Restricted in cabin air filter
- Restricted a/c evaporator core
- Auto a/c system low on refrigerant charge(Freon)
- Faulty Expansion device
- Incorrect refrigerant charge after service
- A/C system contaminated with moisture.
- Auto A/C compressor operating constantly
- ECU cycling control bypassed
- A/C cycling control switches bypassed
- Evaporator temperature sensor malfunction
- In cabin temperature sensor malfunction.
- A/C ducts restricted with debris
- A/C ducts flaps partially closed
How much air should be coming out of vents ?
The amount of air that should come out from the vents will depend on the settings the driver has selected. In Automatic Temperature Control systems (ATC) the driver can choose a given temperature and have this temperature setting maintained by the a/c and heater control system.
This Fully automatic systems usually control most of the specific functions of mode operation, temperature control, blower speeds and heater temperature control. The system will automatically maintain the desired temperature and quantity of air for each mode and will route the airflow according to the need.
Why is my vent blowing weak air out.
One of these could be the reason why the vent is not blowing out enough air:
- Fuses, fusible links, and wiring
- Refrigerant charge and compressor operation
- Coolant level
- Heater core
- Evaporator core
- Blower motor control module
- Ambient temperature sensor
- Sun Load Sensor
- Coolant temperature sensor.
The proper function of the ATC depends upon the electrical inputs of several sensors. The programming that enables the ECM to provide control of the system naturally tells the engine computer how to interpret these signals. The ambient temperature sensor is located just behind the grille outside the vehicle. Its job is to sense the outside air temperature and to adjust the ATC accordingly. In cold outside temperature the a/c compressor may be blocked to prevent ac compressor damage due to lack of proper internal oil lubrication.
The sun load sensor is mounted on top of the instrument panel. It senses the intensity of sunlight and adjusts the ATC to meet the demand.
Coolant temperature sensor. Its signal may come to the programmer directly, or be communicated to the programmer by the electronic control module (ECM).
How to unclog weak air flow from ac vents in a car
Poor air flow from vents in a vehicle could be related to any of the issues mentioned above. With the right tools and training the vehicle could be operating up to specifications in no time.
Do you need assistance with a Weak air flow from ac vents in car issue ?
We have ASE certified auto a/c mechanics near you. We can take care of any problem related to the a/c system that your vehicle may have. Call Us Today ! We service Miami-Dade County areas, Hialeah, Doral, Miami Lakes, Hialeah Gardens, Medley.