Auto A/C Compressor Failure Symptoms
Signs of auto a/c compressor failure:
- Cooling performance decreases
- A/C not as cold as it used to be
- Knocking noises from the compressor
- Squealing A/C compressor drive belt
- Excessively hot compressor crankcase
- Compressor pressure plate not engaging
- Both lines from a/c compressor at the same ambient temperature
- Gauge pressure ,High side Low and Low side High
- A/C compressor locked up. Compressor Does not turn when rotated by hand.
- Compressor pressure plate signs of overheating condition
- Compressor body signs of overheating condition
What causes A/C Compressor Clutch Failure?
Causes of A/C Compressor Clutch Failure:
- A/C compressor over cycling.
- Excessive high compressor temperature due to air conditioning system contamination.
- Cooling system underperformance affecting a/c operation.
- Drive belt slipping on a/c compressor pulley creating excessive high heat load.
- Slipping clutch pressure plate due to out of specs compressor clutch gap.
- Shorts to power or ground on the ac compressor clutch coil circuit.
- A/C compressor clutch relay inoperative or shorted.
- Inaccurate refrigerant(freon) charges increase compressor failure.
- Lack of compressor internal lubrication
- Incorrect type of oil
- Incorrect or contaminated refrigerant in the air conditioning system.
- Inefficient or restricted auto a/c condensers
- High compression ratios
What to do if my auto A/C Compressor fails ?
Technically the compressor can be rebuilt ,it is recommended to replace the entire compressor. If there was a major internal compressor failure the entire system must be inspected for debris(metal from internal compressor components).After an internal compressor failure, it is recommended to replace the A/C condenser(Specially if it is a modern Parallel Flow type) and the drier, to avoid contamination of the brand new air conditioning compressor. Also, the system should be flushed to avoid contamination.
Where can I Get my auto ac Compressor Replaced?
If you need assistance replacing the a/c compressor in your vehicle Call Us Today ! Auto A/C Repair LLC. operates a mobile air conditioning repair shop in Miami. Contact Us if you need to check any auto a/c compressor failure symptoms. One of our ASE certified mechanics will take care of your vehicle. We offer 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor.
Tags: ac compressor failure, ac compressor repair, AC poor performance, Auto ac compressor repair near me